Friday, January 4, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday was an anticipated and dreaded day, now happily behind me. I have had a sinus infection pretty much since mid September, and after agressive medical treatment and a CAT scan, it was determined that my right maxillary sinus was totally blocked. My only option was surgery.

So around 1 PM yesterday, Dr. Stock went into that sinus and cleared it out. We suspected a polyp, but he found a whole colony. The first few hours post surgery were not fun, but I was home by 5 PM and eating some oatmeal by 6 PM.

This morning the awful burning sensation is gone, and my drainage is clear, so I'm off narcotics and onto Ibuprofen. I kinda have to lay low for a while so I hope to catch up on some recipes. I'm looking next at boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a great source of protein with almost no fat, and also as tasty as my recipes and your imagination can make them.

No comments: